Can you believe that September has come and gone already? Today is October 1st. Thirty-one days until Halloween! October is such a cozy month. I might be a little biased when I say October is my favorite month because it’s my birth month but there’s always been something comforting about it. Maybe it’s the start of the Holidays or the weather (kind of – I’m from Florida) cooling down but everything just seems to feel right during October.
I would like to start this month off on a great start by sharing this delicious chocolate chip pumpkin muffin recipe. They are both vegan (of course) and gluten-free. It’s perfect for breakfast, desserts, parties, or a snack throughout the day.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 egg replacer
- 1 cup of applesauce
- 1 cup pumpkin pie mix
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips + 1 tbsp for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheight.
- Line a muffin pan with silicone muffin wraps, paper muffin wrappers, or grease.
- In a bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients until it is well combined.
- Once the wet and dry ingredients are mixed together fold in the 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour the mix into the muffin tin about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 tbsp of chocolate chips on top.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes (check to make sure they are done, if not leave in the oven for another 5 minutes).
Let them cool for about 15 minutes and enjoy!