As summer creeps by, I am starting to get anxious for the Holidays. I figured I’d celebrate Christmas in July by creating a delicious, mouth watering, gooey banana/sweet potato bread. If you are a fan of very moist cakes, I think that you’ll absolutely love this recipe. Definitely give it a try and let me know what you thought of it.
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup of your favorite plant-based milk or creamer
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 cups of gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
Note: Feel free to add any additional ingredients (chocolate chips, raisins, nuts), walnuts would be amazing!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a bread pan and either line it with parchment paper or lightly grease it.
- In a large bowl mix together the banana, sweet potato, applesauce, plant milk, coconut and cane sugar, vanilla and peanut butter. Mix until all the wet ingredients are well mixed.
- Next add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and any additional ingredients if you choose to do so. Mix these ingredients into the wet ingredients until everything is combined.
- Pour into the bread pan and smooth out the top (I added oats on top of mine for looks).
- Cook in the oven for about 45 minutes, if you don’t want your bread to be as moist I’d suggest cooking for an additional 10 minutes but definitely check occasionally so it does not burn.
- Take out, cool, and serve warm with a cup of coffee or however you wish!