This is a popular dish of mine that I often top BBQ Jack Fruit sandwiches with. Although that is my favorite way of eating this side dish, it is also great on vegan fish tacos, in a salad, as a side dish, or even by itself (I can’t stop myself sometimes!).
I am going to get straight to the point, here is the recipe:
Red Cabbage Slaw
- 1 small head of red cabbage, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried mustard powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of your favorite vegan mayo (I use the brand JUST mayo)
- In a medium-size, bowl mix the cabbage and carrots together.
- In another medium-size bowl, whisk together all of the remaining ingredients until they are well combined into a nice smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the cabbage and carrots and toss for about 1-2 minutes until the cabbage and carrots are fully coated.
- Either eat right away or refrigerate for about an hour and then serve (I prefer it chilled).
Bring this to your next family bbq and have everyone fooled – Enjoy!