I cannot stress the importance of being prepared as a vegan (specially a new vegan). Not all towns are vegan friendly and the worst feeling you can put yourself through is the feeling of not knowing what to do when out and hunger strikes. It is super important to keep healthy vegan snacks around at all times. Fruits and vegetables are great pick me ups throughout the day but sometimes our bodies need something with a little more substance. I’ve created an easy homemade granola recipes that taste delicious and it is easy to pack away into a purse or even a pocket (just make sure its sealed tightly in a container or zip-lock bag).
Easy Homemade Granola
- 1 cup oats
- 5 tbsp pepitas
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 6 dates (chopped)
- 1 tbsp PB2 powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the oats, pepitas, shredded coconut, dates, PB2 powder, and the 1/4 cup of maple syrup (leave the remaining 2 tbsp for after the granola is finished cooking).
- Spread a thin even layer of the granola mixture onto a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper, place into the oven and cook for 12-13 minutes.
- When finished, let cool for about 5 minutes and than drizzle the remaining 2 tbsp of maple syrup over the granola.