Spring is here and I am excited to set the mood with a couple calming lavender recipes. This simple syrup can be used by adding into lattes, teas, baked good, or if you are like me; dipping your finger into it and eating it straight. It’s easy to make and taste AMAZING!
- 3 tbsp of dried lavender
- 2 cups of organic cane sugar
- 1 cup of filtered water
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add dried lavender to the boiling water.
- Boil for about 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add all the sugar into the lavender water, stir until fully dissolved.
- Reduce heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool, and steep for 1 hour.
- After the hour is up, strain out the lavender, you will be left with a nice gooey syrup like the photo above.