Hello & happy holidays everyone! It’s been a minute since I’ve come in hot with a recipe, but need not worry, I am here to deliver. This recipe is super simple, extremely delicious, and takes hardly any time to create. If you’re in a pinch for a last-minute gift or treat to bring for a holiday gathering or social distance drop-off, this may be just what you’re searching for. It’s literally 5 simple ingredients (you could leave out the flavors and keep it at three ingredients if you want to make it even easier), and taste like something you’d buy in a candy shop.
Before we start, I want to note that this recipe is not gluten-free. However, if you need it to be gluten-free all you will have to do is order some gluten-free/vegan-friendly Oreos and swap them out instead of the regular one used in this recipe. I have a link to find them on amazon which is here in my ice-cream cake recipe post – [CLICK HERE]. I originally made the recipe a gluten-free version to taste test but used regular Oreos for the one’s that I made to give to others since I am the only person I know who has a gluten allergy.
Oreo Cookie Bark
- Two 9oz bags of Nestle Toll House White Morsels allergen-free chocolate
- 1 family-size bag of double stuffed Oreos
- 1/8th tsp edible peppermint-flavored extract
- 1/4th tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon or a potato masher and crush your Oreos into medium to small size chunks.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, pour the white chocolate and coconut oil into it. Start by microwaving it in increments of 30 seconds. Between each increment, stir well with a spoon. Keep this up until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Next, add the peppermint and vanilla into the bowl with the melted chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Slowly pour over the Oreos and mix until you have an even ratio of Oreos to chocolate.
- Either on an 8 by 8 silicone baking pan or an 8 by 8 pan that is layered with parchment paper, evenly spread the cookie bark mixture into it.
- Put into the freezer for about 10 minutes and then transfer to the fridge for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Break or cut into pieces and enjoy!